Tuesday 2 May 2017

Spread a little happiness...

That old saying:

Misery likes company.

Heard it before? I have many times. But oddly when I get out and about, or see folks it's just the opposite. It's when I'm stuck back home, doing very little, with the little that I am able to do, that the clouds of mental weather start to gather.

And yet on occasion I find my self adopting the "hot chocolate advert pose" You know the one right? A pretty woman wrapped up in a woollen scarf, all cosy. The camera man gives it some soft focus as she stares wistfully of in the distance, both her hands cradling some delicious cup of warm chocolate goodness..

So yeah I kinda do something like that .. and stare off out the window, or into my own mental landscape and I can't help but observe the madness of it all with a wry smile.

So many people that have crossed my path, and I theirs over the years. I hope I left them better than when I found them. I know I am richer for meeting some of them, and wiser for having met the remainder. I carry some fond memories.

At times, it's handy to remember that whilst the effort, work, challenges and changes of life will inevitably continue, that we are simply here, now. This is where we are.

Life just "is" 

It'll be different tomorrow. Might be harder, easier, better, or worse. You could be richer or poorer, You'll certainly be older, and whatever happens, this moment will never come again and life will never again be the same as it is now. 

We humans spend so much effort worrying about what next, where next, etc. Spend too much time looking away, to the stars, to the horizon, and your mind will not be on where you are, and what you are doing. As result you'll probably miss the very point of being there in the first place.

Do that for long enough and you'll arrive at the end of your "three score and ten" on this earth feeling like you missed half the show. Sadly, there is no replay. This isn't life "on demand". 

So I guess all I wanted to say today is grab yourself a mug, and enjoy a "now " moment. Because, just for now, everything is OK. 

And that's really all anyone can ask for.

Isn't it? 

;-)

Sarah. x



No comments:

Post a Comment