Monday 8 May 2017

Sometimes looking the in the rear view mirror can be handy.

Hey all you internet people.

So how you all doing? I'm gonna post today's random ramblings on both my blog titles, since I can't decide which one it best fits

If ya haven't guessed it I have couple of opportunities in the offing over the coming weeks that may or may not result in a move of home.

I've been in my current house for just over 5 years. Not too long for some, but for me a life time, since the previous decade and a half saw me moving sooo many times I have lost count, with the longest period in one place being three years.

It's fair to say then that the prospect of moving after pretty much getting settled is ...well daunting.

Concurently with all this happening, I recently completed some work on my bike and rather than write reams about it I had video'd the process, vlogging the repair as I went. To do so I uploaded some of the videos to my youtube channel.

This use of youtube is where life started to wander off on a trip down "Nostalgia Avenue",  I found a you tuber that I had followed some years back..more to do with trans stuff than anything else, and she had returned after something a hiatus. She still had a few subscribers, myself amongst them, even after the long break...

A few years back I used to do ALOT of this you tube stuff, all to do with cars, nuts bolts, breaking and fixing things.



Sooooo.... had a look at some of my old videos, mostly to do with the automotive stuff and even after all this time there are still 40 subscribers still on there! (like what?) with one vid hitting something like 8k views... (ok ok hardly viral but y'know thats a fair few)

So, I've sat and wondered "what to do about that?" I mean I haven't exactly done much spannering on sports cars, since 2009, but I did put a whole new front suspension in my old van. Vanessa is a game old girl, 160,000 miles, tired, a bit rusty, but she stubbornly keeps going. One day I'd kinda like to tidy her up a bit, purely for my own amusement and honestly, cos she was bought for me by a family member in what were very difficult circumstances and taken me where i needed to be in tough times. Yeah yeah .. sentimental ..so sue me...

I am told a two lire lump from a cavalier might fit... petrol conversion.. wonder if anyone has ever put a combo van down the drag strip at Santa pod?

.....nah, but seriously it would be nice to perhaps be able to return in some way to my automotive antics. I'll aways be a bit of a JDM nut, but then again I've often fancied a VAG camper too...

Here's a bit of what i have previously got up to... back when I had more money and less hair...



After having to/deciding to get rid of the sports cars, which was, I have to say, a damn shame and frankly a stupid move, for a brief time i had new toy.. 2011 saw me playing with:




I can still remember the look on the faces of the others in the barrack block when I walked back in that day having been under sealing the bad boy... I mean c'mon, you don't seriously pay other people to do that shit do you? its waaaayy too much fun....

I also pissed off the RSM of the camp, who to be frank, had "big badge in a small world" syndrome, by leaving the truck in the "wrong place" I often wonder how he coped when he realised the real world outside his bubble will happily walk all over his "authoretay" ....probably ended up a traffic warden.. couldn't happen to a nicer twa...er guy... but whatever I digress...

Mind you I wasn't the only one playing with automotive toys back then... ... I had some partners in crime too... the guys I grew up with are a funny, lovable bunch...

ReTread.tv

Perhaps if things pan out, with this new possiblity, I may well resurrect the old "spanner monkey" you tube channel for a bit of petrol headed nonsense. I have hankering for the two wheeled variety.....

*ahem*..... BMW GS1150....*ahem*

Who knows?. But whatever the outcome, every now and then when the road ahead is uncertain, it can pay dividends to look in the rear view mirror and remember just where we have been. And more especially, how we got there in the first place. You'll know from my last post that confidence is movable feast for me. ;-)

I am however going to Vlog the road trip and parts of the two days in south wales. ..I mean .. cmon..why wouldn't you?

So keep ya eyes peeled people.. though I dunno what the title will be yet....

"The Spoken Sprocket" gets "stubbornly optimistic"....
"Road trip rambles"?
The "Sarah & Vanesa chronicles....."  ?
The Vanessa Vloggs?

Ok.. i'll stop now, don't want to turn into just another "pun"dit....tada!....


Till next time...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment