Sunday 26 March 2017

Firelight and shadow


Sunday, March, 2017. A little village in the North East of England on Planet Earth.

At Twenty-five minutes past Two in the afternoon.

Today I find myself detached, unable to write much of consequence or focus on any of the larger  projects I have at various stages of completion.

Yet the Sun shines, the weather grows warmer and I get the feeling that just round the corner theres a sea change coming. Spring, it would seem is a great herald of hope.

Yet doubt clings at my mind like an oily residue, I've been here before, with all indications looking favourable, yet I ended disappointed. It takes an act of blind faith on occasion to keep going, to "do" when you feel more "don't".

Often times when we find ourselves in these mental places, it is our friendships that assist in navigation of choppy waters. Our sense of place amongst peers that guides our ship back to calmer seas and a firmer heading.

Sadly, I find myself unable to avail myself of that help this day, thus I turn to the blank page of the internet blog, a keyboard and my own thoughts whilst staring out the window at a sunny, warm and  inviting but ultimately indifferent day.

I am intent on the problem at hand, my detachment. It's causality, and thus its resolution. It would seem that the allegorical story of "Plato's cave" is quite apt.

Pato's cave

But what of myself? Free soul? or returning cave dweller? The answer to that depends on the outcome of the internal conversation between hope, faith, fear and doubt.

Plus, I guess also how hard those people aiding my escape pull on the ropes.

I'll let you know.

Sarah






No comments:

Post a Comment