Friday 28 October 2016

Sometimes it ain't gotta be clever to be smart...

Hey Internet.

I'm ok. Two simple words. Currently theres quite a bit happening in the box marked "change" for me.  Some positive, some more of a challenge, and some pretty negative, with a few of each requiring some creative thinking to gain perspective and productive internal narrative.

I'm three stone heavier than I was 12 weeks ago...damn you lethargy and habitual eating/ease of fridge access.

I'm getting a few leads together for a variety of interesting projects I have simmering on the back burner..

Learning stuff is going well with College....opening possible avenues of progression.

The billionaire lifestyle still eludes me.

But thus far at the end of each day when I shut the front door and sit down with cuppa in front of the current fave you tube show .. or in this case twitch stream content ..#criticalrole ... (check it out D&D peeps!) ... I can say at least for the moment in question that "I'm ok" and that is quite the encouraging thought...

As I make my way through each day I've come to realise more and more that my own mental comfort and to perhaps coin a phrase "philosophical armour" comes from within me. At its core is a belief. Which is as all beliefs are, borne of a thought which has been given authority in my own mind, subconscious or otherwise.

What is that belief? Hard to pin down into one word or phrase thats what. The best analogy would be a calm still blue ocean pool after the past winds of a mental and emotional hurricane.


It is simply an idea that has taken root, in the fertile soil of an enquiring psyche, sprouting into a young tree, with branches of hope, perseverance and will.  In time it may blossom into a mature tree of achievement, success blowing through its branches like a far off Narnian wind. 

The belief comes from the thought that even when current circumstances would lead me to a very pragmatic view of daily priorities, I still dare to dream, focusing on the good and the positive thus acting on and planing for the day I achieve those dreams. 

As long as you can still do that as you shut the door each day after doing what needs to be done, enduring whatever slings and arrows are hurled at you for whatever purpose or reason, then you too will be "ok" ... for now. And thats all the time we ever have, so thats ok then. 

Keep it #stubbornlyoptimistic and every once in a while just pause & remember it's where you're going not where you are that defines your purpose and direction. You may not have reached the top step yet, but be grateful you're halfway, those legs of yours done good thus far. You're ok.

I believe that I can. So can you.  

Sarah 
x











No comments:

Post a Comment